This is a quick, delicious and healthy meal I came up with one morning on the first week of my 30-day challenge. I actually used the left over asparagus from another meal, along with some portobello mushrooms that I had in the refrigerator. I try to always have egg whites and eggs for quick breakfast ideas like these.
There are so many ways to make an omelet tasty and I not only try to use fresh ingredients, I also use spices and herbs. This recipe’s start herb is rosemary to kick of the holiday season flavors.
I chose to serve the omelet with arugula as that is what I had in the refrigerator. But I also really enjoy greens as a side for my breakfast. I simply added a mixture of 1 part lemon juice, 1 part olive oil and a pinch of salt over the arugula. It is a great combination, trust me.
TRY THESE PRODUCTS
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
Yields 1 Omlete
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup cooked asparagus (cut)
- 1/3 cup portobello mushrooms (sliced)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppper
- In a medium non-stick pan on medium high heat, add the spray
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned
- Add the asparagus and cook for about another minute
- Add the egg whites, salt, pepper, rosemary and onion powder and stir well
- Let the egg cook well and then fold over one side
- Flip with a large spatula to the other side and cook a little more on the other side
- Serve with the arugula salad