I love to make quiches of all flavors. I think it is such an easy way to always have something in the fridge that is healthy and bite size to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are so many varieties of quiches…some with a small number of ingredients and others with a bunch of ingredients, it’s up to you. Either way, they are simple to make and they are always a crowd pleaser.
This quiche that I made has a small amount of ingredients and was probably the most popular have made thus far, go figure. It was practically gone in one sitting by my husband. In another post, I explained how I always season my eggs prior to cooking them so that the entire dish is well proportioned with the seasonings that I choose. If any of you make this dish, please let me know what you think and make any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
INGREDIENTS – Makes 8 slices
Per Slice – Calories 246 Fat 26g Carbs 16g Protein 10g
- 9 inch pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion (small dice)
- 1 cup white sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
HOW TO MAKE IT…
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- With a fork poke wholes at the bottom of the pie crust and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes and then let cool.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions with the olive oil on a non stick pan until translucent or lightly browned (your preference).
- Layer the bottom of the pie crust with the onion and then add the broccoli and on top of the broccoli the cheese.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and the egg yolk with the salt, pepper and oregano until well mixed and then pour over the entire pie. Pour slowly to make sure that all of it stays in the pie.
- Place in the oven (still on the baking sheet) and bake for 35- 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the egg is cooked through and let cool for about 5 – 10 minutes to let everything settle.
- Cut in 8 slices and enjoy!
I usually provide additional ideas, but the cooking instructions will probably change, so stay tuned and I will make other quiches and post them for you to enjoy.