So I have gained about 10 pounds since I originally lost all my weight and even then, I still had another 10 pounds to loose. If any of you have been in my position, you understand that it can get frustrating, especially since it is easier to gain then to loose weight. Any way, I just came back from Disney where I said that was my last cheat before I went on a major life eating change.
I started yesterday, Monday, July 9, 2018 and I designed a complete week plan to try and loose my weight within a few months. I will share with you the recipes and also my progress in hope to inspire at least one person. My meals will not allow you to be super hungry and I will give you some options to change up the recipes along with the nutritional count.
Today’s recipe is what I ate for lunch and it was delicious! It only has 466 calories, 20g fat and 13g carbs. Since I am eating 5 times a day (every 3 hours) I do not allow myself to starve.
INGREDIENTS – SERVES 1 PERSON
Calories 466 Fat 20g Carbs 13g
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup of pineapple (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup spring lettuce and baby spinach
- 2 lemon wedges (juice)
- 1/4 cup cucumbers (diced)
- pinch of salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT…
- I had the chicken pre-cooked on the BBQ and then I diced it into cubes. You can easily diced into cubes and cook on a pan raw and then add the pineapple when almost cooked.
- Cook the chicken and the pineapple together in a non-stick pan for about 5 minutes (if chicken was pre-cooked) (you can add spray if you want, but if you add oil, that will make the nutritional count go up. For every tbsp of olive oil, add 119 calories &14 grams of fat – no carbs).
- On a plate add the lettuce and cucumber and squeeze the 2 lemon wedges all over then add a little salt and pepper
- Add the chicken and pineapple on top or on the side, whatever you prefer
- You can change the chicken to 6oz of salmon (cook separately than the pineapple, then place pineapple on top of Salmon) Calories 408/Fat 22g/Carbs 13g
- If you rather not have the salad, you can exchange it for 1 cup of steamed broccoli with lemon juice and a pinch of salt/pepper Calories 443/Fat 20g/Carbs 6g
Stay tuned for the snack I had between breakfast and lunch and also breakfast…Delicious