So if any of you ave ever been to the wing bar at your grocery, you’ll know that many times the wings look like they have been sitting there for a while. I guess it is a good concept for those in a hurry or when you are going to the beach to buy those as a quick and easy choice. However, you will realize with this recipe and also some of the tips below that making your own wings is just as easy and twice if not three times as tasty.
I decided to make these specific wings that are just the drummette for my husband, because he usually just picks those anyway from the bar. When I ate chicken, I personally liked the other part better, but to each his own, right. The sauce I made is my daughters favorite. It is a sauce I found in the market (picture below) and it is divine. I add a few spices to the mix but this recipe is so delicious that you have to try it. My husband actually said they were the best wings he has had.
Ingredients – serves 4-6 people as an appetizer
* Chicken wings – 30, skin on
*Marinade – “Chef Merito” chicken marinade, 1 1/2 cup
*Kosher salt – 2 tablespoons
*Pepper – 1 tablespoon
*Onion powder – 2 tablespoons
- Set the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large ziploc bag, add the chicken wings and the sauce and let marinade for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- Prepare a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the wings uniform throughout the baking sheet so they are not over lapping
- Make sure to sprinkle an even amount of the salt, pepper and onion powder on both sides of each wing (if you want to pre-mix the salt, pepper and onion powder first, that’s fine)
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes and then turn the wings and cook for another 15 minutes, until cooked through
Tips: You can make these same wings with all kinds of sauces and then let them sit and pack them up and take to the beach. You can try to make some that are not as sticky with just spices; Italian spices, Thai spices, etc.