OMG, this recipe is amazing. I follow a Korean lady on youtube that makes some very intersting recipes. Some of them are far out and some are very interesting, like this one. Watching her make it made my mouth salivate and I knew I had to own it. She originally made the recipe with a spicy soy sauce mix but I had different plans and taste buds for it. I took her recipe and add a few ingredients and boy was it delicious. My son could not get enough of it so I will be making this many more times.
I served it as is but there are so many ideas I have so you will have to stay tunned for additional recipes. In the meantime, I will offer a few tips below.
Ingredients – make 8 pieces
*Potato – 1 large potato, peeled and shredded
*Onion – 1/2 onion shredded
*Corn starch – 1/4 cup
*Onion powder – 1 tablespoon
*Kosher salt – 1 tablespoon
*Pepper – 1/2 tablespoom
*Parsley, Dry – 1 tablespoon
*Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Add the shredded potato and shredded onion oin a bowl (do not drain the liquid) and mix well together
- Add the onion powder, salt, pepper and parsley and continue to mix then add the corn starch and finish mixing well
- In a large non-stick pan on medium high heat add the oil; when hot add the mixture and lower the heat to medium
- Cook one side until brown on the bottom (about 5-7 minutes)
- You then need to flip the pancake to cook the other side; I personally get nervous to flip it in the air because of the oil, so I used a large plate
- Cook the other side of the pancake for about the same time frame or until brown on the other side
- Place in a large plate and slice into 8 triangles
Tips: Try making this for breakfast instead of hashbrowns; you can also make it and add some seasoned salt and serve with burgers instead of fries.