My kids love potatoes and they are such a great canvas and an all around side dish. If there is one thing that I have on hand always, besides onions, garlic and peppers, it’s potatoes. I am sure that there will be quite a few potato recipes on my blog and I am hoping you all like all of them. Also, for future reference you can make potatoes for breakfast, lunch or dinner and they are great as left overs.
*Small yellow potatoes – cut into cubes about 1 inches (if you are going to do this in advance, make sure to add the potatoes to water so they do not get brown)
*EVOO – 2 tablespoons
*Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon
*Black pepper – 1/2 teapoon
*Garlic (roasted) – a whole bulb
*Pesto (you can use store bought, I did)
*Arugula – 3-4 cups
* Lemon juice (1/2 a lemon)
*Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and add the olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and mix well. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, in an even layer and cook in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- At the same time, roast the garlic in the same oven. (For the garlic, cut the tip off so you can see the bulbs, wrap in foil with a little oil).
- Remove the potatoes and garlic from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Place the potatoes in a large pot and heat on medium.
- Remove the garlic from the aluminum foil and squeeze the garlic out of the bulbs and into a small bowl. Smash with a fork to make into a paste and then add to the potatoes. Add 2-3 tablespoons of pesto and the Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, add the arugula and the lemon juice and stir.
- Serve the arugula on a plate and then add the potatoes on top.